Repair of Pole Post Seal Failure of Lead Acid Battery by Adhesive Bonding Technology
1. Causes of seal failure at the pole
(1) The connection seal between the pole of the lead-acid battery and the battery cover is mainly the use of room-temperature curing epoxy adhesive. With good epoxy glue at room temperature, within 45 minutes is the best period of use. During the use of epoxy glue, due to gradual curing, the glue gradually becomes viscous and wire drawing phenomenon occurs. At this time, the glue should be scrapped. Although the glue still has fluidity, it loses its wettability to the bonding surface. The glue at this time should be discarded if it is not used up. If the operator continues to use it will inevitably lead to a drop in the sealing effect, the factory inspection may not be able to find and detect problems, but after a period of time will appear seal failure.
(2) In the process of using the battery, due to the impact of external forces such as impact, vibration, bumps, etc., the epoxy sealant cracks and the seal fails.
(3) During the use of the battery, due to the cold and thermal impact of the ambient temperature, tiny gaps are created on the adhesive interface, resulting in seal failure.
2. Preparation of epoxy sealant at pole seal
Here we recommend a low toxicity, good toughness, impact resistance, high strength, room temperature curing epoxy sealant formulations. Common materials in some epoxy adhesive formulations add toluene, and the use of low molecular amine curing agent Epoxy adhesive formulations are toxic, causing environmental pollution and poor strength.
(1) Low toxicity epoxy adhesive formula
E-51 epoxy resin + 651 polyamide resin + xylylenediamine (m-xylylenediamine) + red (or blue) pigment ==100g + 25g + (9~10)g + appropriate amount of pigment
Epoxy adhesives are more viscous in the winter or at lower ambient temperatures. About 10 grams of 501 propylene oxide butyl ether can be added to the formulation. The strength of the active thinning agent is high.) Note: Adding a little pigment is used to distinguish between positive and negative electrodes.
(2) Preparation of epoxy adhesive
Accurately weigh a certain amount of raw materials according to the proportion of the recipe, and mix well and wait until it is used.
3. Preparation of repaired battery
Remove the old epoxy adhesive from the sealed epoxy and the cap where the seal fails. Clean it to neutrality, clean the adhesive surface, and keep it clean of oil.
The prepared epoxy is poured into the joint of the battery pole to be cleaned and the battery cover is prepared for cleaning. It is solidified at room temperature for 24 hours, and after checking for no leakage, (if the loss of electrolyte is more than necessary, supplement the necessary electrolysis. Liquid) can be submitted for use after charging.
Note: Epoxy adhesive only has a period of (30~45) minutes. If the glue container is a little warm, it means that the glue has been solidified and should be stopped.
5. Application range of epoxy adhesive
This low-toxic, room-temperature curing epoxy adhesive is suitable for the repair of various epoxy adhesive seal failures, and can also be used in production. This can reduce environmental pollution and enhance environmental awareness.